So I was nominated for a Liebster award by one of my followers, and I must say. It’s a stroke of brilliance. At the core, blogging is all about getting the word out. Rubbing elbows with your peers is a great way to do that.
But the best part about the Liebster, is that there is no award. It is a matter of networking. I want to thank fotsfantasy for thinking of me here at Memories of a Dimanagul. I’m afraid I’m going to have to break the format though to focus on the important point on hand.
The Liebster Award is very unique in bringing recognition to the smaller blogs. With that in mind it’s aimed for little undiscovered blogs like mine. People that haven’t mastered the fine art of hopping around making comments and spreading their word like a business professional. This ‘award’ serves as a tool to better that.
A set of rules are presented, guidelines to promote spreading the good word.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. — Naturally the link should go both ways.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked, and create 11 questions for your nominees. — This is to show your existing followers more about yourself as well as any new ones. Brilliance.
3. Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. — This goes without saying, this is the very method of forming the web.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo. — Whoever came up with the concept needs a uniform logo. Why not have a badge that shows this common cause?
5. Tag “Liebster Award” only. — For easy search reasons.
That said, here is some fun facts for current (and future readers)
Eleven facts about me
1) I love fighting games. I think you really get to know a person when you air combo them.
2) I play the Tuba. Because of this, I often hum the bass line of songs.
3) I am not too proud to admit that I watch and enjoy the occasional ‘girly’ Anime. (Chihayafuru currently)
4) I was inspired to creating my novel after reading the Wizard’s First Rule Series by Terry Goodkind.
5) I don’t watch much TV. *leans on one elbow* But when I do, it’s the Walking Dead.
6) I am pretty damn tall. 6′ 8″ to be exact.
7) Lakewood Ohio is where I was born, an extremely progressive neighborhood and suburb of Cleveland Ohio.
8) While I’m not religious, I value and respect spirituality.
9) I played the Applegate in Damn Yankees and actually had a little girl say to me while pointing: “Look mommy! It’s the devil!” Hilarity ensued.
10) The line I remember most in the old Lord of the Rings Animated feature was “Dank and Foul Smelling!” Said by Sam Gamgee. Mostly because I will never scrub the image of his stumpy hand failing to cover his monstrous nose.
11) The owl in Ocarina of Time will forever haunt my nightmares.
Eleven questions Fotsfantasy asked me… I enjoyed answering these!
1) What is your favorite movie?
Speed Racer. Yes. The Wachowski Brothers Version. Unlike so many movies like it. It was an homage to my childhood, not a mockery of it.
2) If you could travel to only one more place, where?
Mars. Assuming I could make appropriate arrangements. If not, China.
3) What is your favorite book ever?
Mostly Harmless. Hell. Any of Hitchhikers Guide. But the first book, I could taste the irony of earth being leveled for a space highway.
4) Which candy flavor is your favorite?
Toffee. The hunting flavor brings out the best in fine chocolate.
5) Would you be a human, elf, dwarf, or other, if you could choose?
Human, The other two Tolken races sort of just annoy me.
6) What is your ideal weather?
Cool Autumn Days.
7) Favorite sport?
Rugby. It’s basically how American Football should be. It’d be Football(Soccer) but I’m not very versed in it.
8) What language would you most like to learn?
Japanese. I really wish I could appreciate the poetic nature of it. Specifically how certain words can be read several ways.
9) Favorite TV show ever?
Animaniacs. Lord was that show funny.
10) Favorite color?
Green. Not a particular shade, I just like the feeling it carries. Funny cause I’m not a nature type person.
11) Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter. the character limit of Twitter is a practice in being succinct. A lesson many writers never learn.
Eleven mind wrenching questions I expect people to answer. Feel free to answer them in the comments. I’d love to see what makes my readers tick.
1)What’s your Favorite Dessert? I’m not talking about what you eat every Sunday. I”m talking about, “This is your last dessert ever! What do you choose?”
2) Poems or Short Stories?
3) Favorite Alcoholic Beverage: Or… for you minors/ non drinkers Favorite Hyper Caffeinated or Natural Energy Beverage?
4) Do you think there’s such thing as a perfect Soul Mate? Why or Why not?
5) Which would you think would be worse? Losing a hand? Or losing a Foot?
6) You have been granted an amazing superpower and a crippling weakness to compliment it. What are they?
7) Which is more irritating symbol on the phone keypad? The Pound Sign? # or the Asterisk? *
8) Do you sing in the shower / bath?
9) If the Zombie Apocalypse came and there was suddenly no TV / Cell Phones / Internet, would your life be OVER?
10) Do you have any Pets? (Masters? This disclaimer brought to you by the cats of the household)
11) Boxers or Briefs?
As for the 11 blogs to follow. I will tell you I frequent a few. But none of them are particularly small ( I am a failure of a Liebster award recipient!)
http://ladyornot.com/ — This woman never fails to make me laugh out loud. Feeling bummed? Give it a read.
http://texanaskitchen.com/ — Bring a drool bucket and make sure you aren’t offended by innuendo.
http://thecoevas.wordpress.com/ — My first follower and I’m not to proud to admit… I have no idea what’s going on with it. But everything looks cool.
http://courtingmadness.wordpress.com/ — One of my earlier followers, if you find my stuff lacking refinement, check this out!
http://thereporterandthegirl.com/ — Snazzy style, crispy writing. Do yourself a favor and check out this site. Who needs some bozo with a cape?
http://urbanwallart.wordpress.com/ — Lovely art that I find myself checking out. Found from a couple of likes on my Short stories.
http://thejigglybits.com/ — Off color humor, but brings a smile. Don’t go planning to be offended, go planning to chuckle.
http://bottledworder.com/ — Need some inspiration by the spoonful? How about by the bucket? Read this.
http://gabfrab.com/ — Ok. Want strange? His ramblings are oddly inspirational! Liked a few of my stories or I would have never been graced by his work.
http://whatsyourtagblog.com/ — There’s something about the simplistic style of this site that leaves me in envy. See for yourself.
http://kylewrittenword.wordpress.com/— When I was new to the blogging world, this guy inspired me to push on. A talented writer in his own right, please check him out.
Thank you, Sir! I enjoyed reading your facts and answers. This award really was a great idea.
I had fun writing them.
You’re so sweet. Thank you so much ((hugs))
Anytime. Always down for a titillating read. Ha!
Hey hun, congratulations on your award and achievements! Thank you for nominating me, its always an honor to be recognized! Cool artwork in the background btw!
Thank you. And yeah I think so too, Shakira is a very talented artist. You can see more of her work here: http://kiratheartist.deviantart.com/
Thank you and congrats to you on your successes. Cheers.
Pingback: First Blog Award | mightwar
Hey wow. Quite an Honor to be quoted. Thanks for the nod!